Estonian Union for Child Welfare is a non-profit umbrella organisation that contributes to ensuring children’s rights and shaping a child-friendly society.
Founded in 1988, the union participates actively in a variety of national and international networks. Member organisations operate throughout Estonia. Estonian Union for Child Welfare follows the four core principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in its activities: non-discrimination; adherence to the best interest of the child; the right to life, survival and development and the right of the child to be heard.
What we do:
- We advocate for children’s rights and well-being
- We influence society, including participation in the policy and law-making progress
- We carry out national as well as international projects and programmes
- We research and analyse the situation and opinions of children;
- We organise trainings, seminars and conferences;
- We issue information materials and publications.
“We participate in MAPChiPP to bridge the gap between research, policy and practice. It is important that practitioners have common knowledge about child protection proceedings and children’s rights. Trainers and policy makers will secure that the project outcome is spread all around Estonia.” – Helen Karu