The Netherlands Youth Institute is the Dutch national institute for compiling, verifying and disseminating knowledge on children and youth matters, such as child abuse, youth work, youth care and parenting support in the Netherlands.
Our main aim is to improve the development of children and young people by increasing the quality and effectiveness of the services rendered to them and their parents. Our main areas of expertise include:
- Effective parenting and healthy child development
- Challenges in parenting and child development
- Guidelines, effective interventions and instruments
- Strengthening professionals working with children and families
- The child welfare system, its purpose and functions
“I am inspired by working with colleagues from all over Europe on the shared goal to improve child safety.” – Cora Bartelink